Police Station Monument

The project consists of constructing a brick sign with letters fabricated from cast brushed aluminum.  The monument commemorates James C. Gardner who was the mayor of Shreveport from 1954 to 1958.

Back to Project Gallery

 

Left & Right: An existing monument was on the site commemorating a Confederate Gun Battery that protected Shreveport during the Civil War.  This monument was relocated approximately forty feet to the East.

Below:  Honorable Cedric Glover, Current City of Shreveport Mayor, unveils the new monument at a public ceremony.